Funeral Arrangements Swindon
Planning a funeral can be a daunting and stressful time for families. Karen and Jem are here to help you every step of the way. If you are making funeral arrangements in Swindon or Wroughton, contact our caring team. At Mead Family Funerals, we have years of experience in helping arrange ceremonies for people from many faiths, and we are proud to offer our tailor-made services to families across Swindon.
Our Practical Advice
We promise to provide informative and practical advice to help you through the process. This will help you make the best decisions when a loved one passes away. We can advise you on what to do first and the people to inform as this will initially be the doctor, family and registrar, however, there will be more entities involved. We can also make sure you have all the key information you need before you begin the notification process. Karen and Jem can help you with every aspect of what to do when a person dies.
The Grieving Period
Losing a loved one is a distressing time, and a grieving period will follow. Grieving is a natural process and can help a person come to terms with their loss. Whether a person dies suddenly or you were prepared, grief and its emotions can be challenging to deal with. For many people, seeing their loved one at peace in our private Chapel of Rest helps provide closure. However, others prefer to remember their loved one through memories. Every situation is unique, and we will help you through your own way of dealing with grief.
Arranging the Funeral
When arranging the funeral itself, we offer efficient and straightforward services to make this process hassle-free for you. It will begin with a consultation which can take place at our funeral home or in the comfort of your home if you prefer. We will explain every detail involved and offer various options to you. Important decisions like the choice of coffin and style of service will be discussed.
Once we have taken your instructions we will take care of all the details. These include private viewings in our Chapel of Rest, providing funeral cars and flowers. We will also liaise with the church or crematorium on your behalf. There are many locations throughout Wroughton and Swindon that will suit your needs, including these below:
- Kingsdown Crematorium, Swindon
- North Wiltshire Crematorium
Local Churches in Wroughton
- Wroughton & Wichelstowe Parish Church
- St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church
- Wroughton Methodist Church
Local Churches in Swindon
- Parish Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury
- St. Luke’s Church
- Parish of Swindon New Town
- Holy Rood Church
- St. Mark’s Church
- Assembly of God (Kings Christian Centre)
- Christ Church
- St Mary’s Church
- Citifiath Church
- and there are many more…
- Our Professional fees to cover administration and the provision of a 24-hour service 365 days of the year, our overheads and the attendance of the Funeral Director at the Funeral Service £1200.00
- Collection of your loved one from the place of Death (within the local area) £250.00
- Care of your loved one and use of our Funeral Home facilities £200.00
- To provide a hearse to transport the coffin on the day of the funeral (within the local area) £250.00
- To provide Limousine(s) each (within the local area) £250.00
- Coffins from: £450.00
- Providing Bearers as required, per bearer £50.00
- Taking your loved one home or into Church prior to the Funeral to include the hearse, bearers, and the attendance of the Funeral Director £350.00
- Saturday or Sunday funerals incur an additional one-off charge of £500.00
- Casket for the Cremated remains with an engraved nameplate from £70.00
- The attendance of the Funeral Director at the interment of the Cremated remains £90.00
Get in Touch with Mead Family Funerals
For more information about our services with regarding to making funeral arrangements in Swindon or Wroughton, please do not hesitate to contact us. Allowing us to manage the process will provide you with peace of mind and prevent any further stress during this time.